Contact Us Booking Enquiry

Airline Policy on Children Travelling alone

We often get asked about airline policy for children travelling alone. Any passenger under the age of 16 planning to fly alone must be clear about the rules as they change depending on the airline. To know exactly how old do you have to be to fly alone, we’ve shared some of the most popular airlines in the UK’s policies on unaccompanied minors flying alone. You should always check with your airline as policies are continually updated. 

British Airways -

Easyjet -

Air France -



Lufthansa -


FlyBE -

The following airlines currently offer an 'Unaccompanied Minor Service' to Under 14's

  • Air France
  • KLM
  • Lufthansa
  • Altialia
  • TAP Air


Children 12 - 15 can travel alone on Eurostar if they are dropped off and picked up by a named adult. You need to fill out the UM form ( AND can only book the service via the telephone. ​

Children under 12 must travel with an adult (aged 16 or over). 

Supervised JMT Transfers

Jonathan Markson Tennis offers clients  (Under 18 years old) attending our UK camps (on a residential basis) a supervised transfer service.

A JMT representative will pick up / drop off your child from/at a designated airport or railway station. The representative will normally have a few children to pick up. All our representatives are Criminal Record checked (DBS or International equivalent).

JMT Representative Details

You will receive an email one week prior to the arrival / departure detailing the name and identification details of the representative. In some situations we may need to change these details, if so we will email you prior to the journey.

Telephone Number – We will provide you with a contact number for the JMT representative. This number will only be active at he time of the supervised transfer (not before or after). If you need to contact someone then outside of these times then we suggest you use the main JMT contact number (+44 207 603 2422) or the Camp Operations number (detailed in your welcome pack).

When should I book arrival / departure times?

Arrivals: Book arrival times between 11:00 and 13:00.
Departures: Book departure times between 13:00 and 15:00.

If you book outside of these times there will be an extra charge or your child may be required to have longer waiting times at the airport. If there is a significant difference in times then we will book a private taxi service for you. The cost of a private taxi one-way is c.£150. If your child requires UM (Unaccompanied Minor Service) or pick up/drop off at arrivals/departures, then there will be further extra charges. 

What we need from you

In June (following full payment) we send out an online form in which you can detail flight and departure times. Detail required as follows:


  • Airport / Rail Station
  • Time of arrival in UK
  • Terminal Number (If airport)
  • Is your child an ‘Unaccompanied Minor? (see next section)


  • Airport / Rail Station
  • Time of departure from UK
  • Terminal Number (If airport)
  • Is your child an ‘Unaccompanied Minor? (see next section)

Unaccompanied minor service

The Unaccompanied Minor service is a service offered by airlines for the younger children. You pay extra to the airline for this service. Every airline has different rules for this service. It is paramount that we know if this has been requested and paid for. Example: Some airlines insist we are at the check-in over 2 hours before departure whereas some airlines insist we arrive 1 hour before departure and no earlier!

It is your responsibility to ensure your son or daughter has the appropriate paperwork and that Jonathan Markson Tennis has been informed that you have paid for this service.

Changes to the plan

If you experience a change in the flight schedule (whether it depends on you or not) after you have communicated to us the flight details, we are to be advised right away of such change by email ( If  there are changes to a flight schedule within 48 hours of arrival / departure you must email and contact us by telephone.

Flight documents

Please ensure your child brings all flight documents with him/her to camp. We will provide you in our welcome pack email with a "Permission to Travel" document for you to sign and hand to your child to carry to the UK. Upon request, we will also issue visa-support letters in case you need to apply for a visa for your child to visit the UK (a simple tourist visa).